- BISHOP CHADWICK MEMORIAL SCHOOL (ST. JAMES') FOR ROMAN CATHOLIC BOYS, GRANDSTAND ROAD, BY NEWCASTLE TOWN MOOR, NEWCASTLE-UPON-TYNE.
The old grandstand ingeniously adapted. In 1909 it became a skating rink, and In 1914 it was used as the overflow factory for Armstrong Vickers.
1884 - Chaplain and superintendent, Rev. Ph. Piper; schoolmaster Mr Thomas P. Lee; assistant, Mr Lazzari Hind.
1891 - Superintendent Mr A. O'Callaghan; general assistant and yardmaster, Mr Bright; schoolmaster Mr Lazzari; assistant Mr Douglas; matron of boys' home, Mrs Whitfield. General remarks - The general purpose of the school would be much assisted by the establishment of a Working Boys' Home in Newcastle, to give shelter and protection to boys on license just at the outset of their career.
1893 - Superintendent Mr A. O'Callaghan; general assistant and yardmaster, Mr Bright; schoolmaster Mr Douglas; assistant Mr Cullen.
1900 - The superintendent, Mr O'Callaghan died in January 1900. His successor has not yet been appointed. Later in the year, Rev. Joseph Newsham assumed the superintendentship (pro. tem.). Matron Miss McElroy; teachers, Mr Douglas and Mr Gallagher (trained in Ireland)
1903 - The school is under the management of Brother Calasanctius and 7 Brothers of the Presentation Order.