- INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR GIRLS
- BATH CERTIFIED INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR GIRLS, 16,17 & 18 WALCOT PARADE, BATH, SOMERSET.
Originally three terraced houses knocked into one. Certified 22nd September 1870 when at 2 Bailbrook Lodge, Batheaston, for which the certification was withdrawn, on removal to 17 Walcot Parade, and re-certified 17th April, 1876. Re-certified in the enlarged premises in1878 for 80 girls and in 1922, and 1932 for 55 girls. Became Avonside Approved School from 1933.
Two industrial schools, one Founded in 1860 at 5 Walcot Parade and one existing 1866-1872 at 2 Albion Place were not officially certified but may have developed into others in the city.
1872 - Lady Superintendent Miss Dixon; schoolmistress and assistant Miss Wheeler
1884 - Superintendent Miss Caskell; schoolmistress Miss Little; assistant Miss Turner; industrial matron Miss Beacham.
1889 - Superintendent Miss Margaret McCaskell
1891 - Superintendent Miss McCaskell; school teacher Miss Hardwicke; assistant school teacher Miss Bishop; industrial matron Miss Pope.
1893 - Superintendent Miss Kay; schoolmistress Miss Blackburn; assistant Miss Dingwell
1900 - Superintendent Miss Noyes, Miss Grace Balch appointed head schoolmistress 1st September 1899 to succeed Miss Young who left 31st July; assistant teacher Miss Brown.
1903 - Superintendent Miss Noyes; schoolmistress Miss G. Balch; assistant teacher Miss Brown
1914 - Superintendent Miss Ada Noyes