- BRISTOL INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR BOYS, PENNYWELL LANE, BRISTOL, GLOUCESTERSHIRE.
Certified 1859 by Committee of Council and in 1861 by the Home Office. The managers having been obliged to remove from Pennywell Lane in consequence of a portion of the building occupied by them being required for the purpose of a cholera hospital.
Re-certified on removal to Clifton Wood Crescent, Clifton Wood, 23rd October 1866 for 180 boys and known also as the CLIFTON INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL.
The school was later called Mardyke School which closed 8th August 1924.
The premises were formerly the Clifton Poor House which was extended to accomodate the boys.