- PRIOR PARK INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL, Prior Park, Bath, Somerset
Certified 1917 for 150 boys. Cessation of certificate, or closure 1924
21st November 1919 London County Council Inspectors Report EO/PS/12/SP/160/2
The inspector paid a 'special visit' there were 67 London children on the roll. With the exception of the head school master the whole of the staff of the school at the time of recent difficulty has been superseded and that the school had been taken over by the Order of Christian Brothers. The head master had only been in charge of the boys during the school hours. He was non-resident and in no way responsible for the home discipline, moreover has was away on holiday when the trouble arose
Records London County Council Inspectors Report EO/PS/12/SP/160/1 - date of visit 3rd November 1920 "This school is one of the architectural features of neighbourhood and stands on a hill slop overlooking Bath. An imposing building in three sections and was formerly an ecclesiastical college. The grounds cover 50 acres.
The school accommodates 150 children and there are 112 on the roll 65 being Londoners.
STAFF The whole staff has been changed since the school came from Cannington and the management is in the hands of the Christian Brothers of whom 7 are on the staff. The superintendent, Brother Roche is admirably fitted for his post and takes a paternal interest in the boys - 4 brothers, all secondary school form the teaching staff.
The boys each have 3 suits of clothes
- Corduroy knickers with tweed jacket
- Tweed suit
- Blue serge suit
Most of the boys go home at holiday time. This summer all but 30 went home for 3 weeks and every London boy was at Paddington to time for the return journey.
A football match was held on the 3rd November 1920 played in the grounds against the Nautical School. The boys also have regular fixtures with the Bath Ladies' Football Club.