- SCHOOL BOARD INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR GIRLS, CARLTON HOUSE, SOUTHWELL STREET, ST MICHAELS HILL, BRISTOL.
- CARLTON HOUSE GIRLS INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL, CARLTON HOUSE, SOUTHWELL STREET, KINGSDOWN
Certified 1874 for 55 girls but seems to have combined with another school at Stanhope House in 1884,
under BRISTOL INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR GIRLS. Carlton House was a former private dwelling. Carlton was mentioned in 1923 as an LEA school. Cessation of certification or closed 13th March 1924.
1902 - Superintendent Miss Katherine Macfarlane; Mistress Miss Anne E Leat; Medical Officer George Frederick Atchley M.B.