- ST JOSEPH'S INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR ROMAN CATHOLIC GIRLS, CARMEL ROAD, DARLINGTON, COUNTY DURHAM.
Re-certified 16th August1898 for 120 girls and the 9th September, 1911 for 150 girls. Cessation of certification of closure 4th October 1926.
It later became a poor law school, the premises sold in 1968. There was also an Auxiliary Home, which was certified in 1906 for 20.
1893 - Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul.
1900 - Sister Josephine Cullen and 5 Sisters of St. Vincent de Paul.
1903 - Sister Josephine Cullen and 5 Sisters of St. Vincent de Paul; Miss Troy left 25th March 1902 and was succeeded by Miss A McHugh (Irish c.)