- INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR BOYS, WALSHAM LE WILLOWS, NR BURY ST EDMUNDS, SUFFOLK
- WALSHAM-LE-WILLOWS BOYS’ INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL, Nr. Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
Auxiliary Home, BATTERY GREEN ROAD, LOWESTOFT, which was certified 21st June, 1902 for 50 boys
1900 - Superintendent and Matron Mr. & Mrs. John Gill; Schoolmaster Mr. Walter Denny. On the farm - Farm Bailiff Mr. Pulfur and Mrs. Pulfur manages the dairy.
1903 - Superintendent and Matron Mr. & Mrs. John Gill; Schoolmaster Mr. W Denny; Miss Gooderham succeeded Miss Jane Bilcliffe as assistant matron in September 1902.
LONDON COUNTY COUNCIL CHIEF INSPECTORS REPORT – Date 15th August, 1906.
Number for which the school is licensed, 40 number of children in the School 35, London children 19; whole-timers 7 London children whole-timers 3.
Superintendent Mr. John Gill, Matron Mrs. Gill; Assistant Matron Miss Gooderham; Schoolmaster Mr. E.T. Porter
PREMISES - Originally a gentleman’s private residence. The premises are well situated in good grounds and are suitable for a small school.
CONDUCT & DISCIPLINE – Good. There are 28 cases of corporal punishment for ordinary schoolboy offences. One London boy absconded but was soon recovered.
The boys have three suits: best suit, blue cloth; second grey cloth; third a working suit of corduroy.
Disposal of the Children, - Five less last year: 4 went to Canada, and the fifth into a motor factory.