- THE WEST OF ENGLAND AND SOUTH WALES INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR CATHOLIC BOYS, CANNINGTON, BRIDGEWATER, TAUNTON, SOMERSET.
- CANNINGTON INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL.
Certified 17th November, 1868, for 100 boys. The school occupies the ancient mansion, which was built on the site of a medieval nunnery, of Lord Clifford who gave it to the Institution, under the management of Msg. Cannon Clarke, P.P., of Clifton. Re-certified in 1915 for 122 boys.
Closed in 1917 and removed to Bath and renamed Prior Park Industrial School
Within the building is a Chapel containing a memorial altar-piece and window to the late Lord Clifford of Chudleigh. The buildings and the magnificent grounds are now used as part the Somerset College of Agriculture and Horticulture.
1872 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Easterly; schoolmaster Mr Voysey.
1884 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs W. Shepherd; schoolmaster Mr W. Atherton, succeeded by Mr Alfred Ward.
1889 - Superintendent Walter Sheppard
1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs W. Shepherd; schoolmaster Mr Hugh McGreehan; assistant teacher Miss Shepherd.
1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs W. Shepherd; schoolmaster Mr Hugh McGreehan; assistant teacher Miss Shepherd.
1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Shepherd; assistant matron Miss Winifred Shepherd; Mr McNamara succeeded Mr McGreehan as schoolmaster 23rd October and Mr R.B. Leahy succeeded Mr Walsh as assistant teacher 1st November.
1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs W.S. Shepherd; schoolmaster Mr J.R. Knox; schoolmistress Miss A. Blundell.
1914 - Superintendent George Luiz Harding; Head Master Joseph A Magrath