HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

Certified 25th July 1856 for 225 boys. 

New and extensive premises.  Later became St Williams Approved School for Roman Catholic Boys (senior) for 150 boys from 1933.

STAFF

1866 - Mr Bird prefect/discipline master

1867 - Director, the Rev. P. Castellano, and Brothers.

1868 - Director, the Rev. P. Castellano.

1869 - Director, the Rev. P. Castellano

1872 - Director, the Rev. P. Castellano

1884 - Superintendent the Rev. P. Castellano; assistant superintendent Mr Clarkson; Chaplin Rev. H.W. Leuthwaite; schoolmaster Mr McGreehan; assistant schoolmasters Mr Dempsey and Mr McDonald.

1891 - Superintendent the Rev. P. Castellano; chaplain Rev. M. Garelli; assistant superintendent Mr T. Clarkson; schoolmasters Mr Bryce, Mr McDonald and Mr Carrigan.

1893 - Superintendent the Rev. P. Castellano; chaplain Rev. M. Garelli; assistant superintendent Mr T. Clarkson; schoolmasters Mr Bryce, Mr McDonald and Mr Burke.

1900 - Manager Father Castellano; chaplain Rev. M Garelli; schoolmaster Mr Burke; assistant teachers Mr Kelly and Mr Sutherland; assistant drillmaster Mr Masterson.

1903 - Manager Father Castellano.  Rev. M. Otteway joined as chaplain 1st October 1902, Brother P. Digman as assistant superintendent 1st October 1902; schoolmaster Mr A. Burke; Mr Sutherland left 20th September 1902, succeeded by Mr E. Austin as 1st assistant teacher; 2nd assistant Mr B. Kelly; Mr Whaley joined as drillmaster in July 1903.